Thursday, August 16, 2012

Top Gun

I have something to report: I have finally watched Top Gun for the first time in my entire life. I know, I know, it's shameful. Somehow, I missed a significant number of classic movies during my formative childhood years, including Jurassic Park, Sandlot, The Matrix, and Harry Potter. I watched Jurassic Park for the first time in the past year, but I have yet to see the others. *dodges rocks* Ahem - in any case...

To be perfectly honest, before last night I knew very little about the movie besides the fact that it involved Tom Cruise and really fast planes. I attended a movie star costume party while I was in England, and one man came dressed in the flight suit and aviators. I thought he was dressed as a janitor. I only figured out my mistake by seeing the same costume in a package labeled "Top Gun" somewhere else, and my response was, "oh, is THAT what that was?" *facepalm*

Moving on....
 
Top Gun was pretty awesome, I do have to say. Tom Cruise was amazingly attractive back then, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened between then and now. Was it his nose? His teeth? Did he get in a fist fight and just never recover? Help me out here...

Bottom line: I can see why it is a classic and why engineers love it. It earned a thumbs up from me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment