Saturday, October 2, 2010

Library Books

Cambridge has a university-wide library in town, but each college has its own library as well. The college libraries have a decent selection of books (and often multiple copies of popular ones); the university library has a huge selection of books but only one copy of each. In any case - I went browsing in the Jesus College library today and came home with four books.

- A History of Jesus College (Arthur Gray), for my general knowledge about the college.
- Black's New Testament Commentary on Galatians (James Dunn), because I've been attached to studying Galatians at the moment.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Robert Louis Stevenson), for my reading pleasure.
- The Well-Tempered Clavier (J.S. Bach), because they have free practice pianos at the college. Side note: they also have two grand pianos that you can apply to get access to. Yay!

What the library unfortunately did not have:
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Anything of note by C.S. Lewis besides the Chronicles of Narnia
- My Utmost for His Highest
- Anything by John MacArthur
- Scriabin piano works
- Chopin Etudes or Ballades (or Mazurkas or any other standard Chopin work for that matter...)

Well, at least I'll know what I need to bring from home and what I don't...In the meantime, I'll enjoy the wide selection that they do have and maybe wander over to the university library at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment